Wednesday 14 January 2015

Dead Silent by Sharon Jones

A snow angel etched in blood. An elite society. A secret dying to get out.

The second Poppy Sinclair Thriller.

When Poppy Sinclair and her boyfriend visit snowy Cambridge, she doesn't expect to discover the body of a student - arms outstretched in the act of smearing bloody angel wings on the chapel's floor.

Suddenly, Poppy is faced with the possibility that the one closest to her heart might be the one committing the most malicious of crimes.

Dodging porters and police, dreading what she might find, Poppy follows the clues left by a murderer bent on revenge...

Long-hidden secrets are chillingly revealed, an avenging angel seeks forgiveness and red-hot vengeance must be quelled in the amazing new Poppy Sinclair thriller.


My Review:

I really enjoyed the first book - and I think that this one is better.

This time, Poppy is in Cambridge, with Michael, her now boyfriend, as he goes for an interview at the university. As you may have guessed, a murder happens. I liked that it was set in Cambridge, although I did have to check out some of the places on Google so I could visualize them better. This book also makes me desperately visit Cambridge.

I love Poppy as a character. Okay, she does make some silly decisions, but what teenager doesn't? In this book we got to explore the relationship between Poppy and Michael, and unlike in most YA novels, it didn't take over the action in the story.

The murder part of the story was great. It had a really good pace and I liked the addition of the secret society. I couldn't guess who the murderer was. In fact I would think it was one person, and then something would crop up, making me rethink my guess!

My only quibble with the book is the paranormal elements creeping in. It seems a bit out of place, and the series could probably get on fine without it.

This book was a great quick read, and I wouldn't hesitate to read the next book!
 


Rating: 4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment