Sunday 4 March 2012

You Know You Have Great Workmates When They Recommend Books To You

I work in a shop every Saturday. I get two breaks, one half an hour, the other a full hour. To me, this means an hour and a half reading time during my day - YAY!!!!

In the canteen at work, they provide us with magazines. I did used to read them, but one day it struck me that I did not care about celebrities' lives or other strange people's lives that cropped up in these magazines. So instead I started taking books to read, and I found the whole process a lot more enjoyable. I do find it a bit awkward to hold a book and eat at the same time, but I do (some how) manage it.

Yesterday, my workmate Adam was reading a book we had talked about the previous week, both of us expressing an interest to read it. The book is "The Night Circus" by Erin Morgenstern, and a picture of the cover is inserted below. While I was happily engaged in my book ("The Dragon Keeper" by Robin Hobb), Adam disturbed my reading - which I do not look kindly upon - to tell me that he was only 30 pages in the book, and he definitely recommended me to read it. He is now awesome in my eyes.

My housemates think I'm weird for asking for books as presents for Xmas and birthdays. They also don't read the same books I read - Nat reads Katie Price books, while Kirstie reads books needed for her course, and Nick does not read at all. Finding someone who is interested in similar books to you and also recommends books is an absolute God send!

By the way, I'll review my book once I've finished!





No comments:

Post a Comment